Thursday, May 19, 2011

Reflections to my Fourth Grade FOCUS and Reader's Theater

     This year, my fourth grade FOCUS year was an exciting one. I did many things and learned a lot. I learned about bridges and their history behind them. My favorite kind of bridge was the Suspension Bridge. We also did our leadership unit. That was my favorite thing we learned about in FOCUS. We talked about the qualities of a good leader. We also did power points on a leader we chose. I did my power point on Dwight D. Eisenhower. I learned so much about him. We also did vocabulary, which was really fun to learn about them. It helped us on some of the writings we did, too. The last thing we learned about was Logic Skills. We also did Reader's Theater, which you will read in about later on. To improve our skills in that area, we did logic grids and analogies. The thing I really wanted was to have recess once in a while to get some fresh air during FOCUS class. Other than that, all the things I did in FOCUS was really cool and interesting to learn about.
      The Reader's Theater projects that we have done in the past have been very fun to do, too. It helped us with our fluency in reading, so we will have experiences when we wil go to middle and high school. The books I have done in Reader's Theater was The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, When Rain Falls, and The Boy Who Was Raised By Librarians. We also Skyped with an author and a class in Wisconsin. I liked blogging because we get ot write about what we feel. I loved Reader's Theater and I'm going to miss it over the summer.
                                  Goodbye fourth grade FOCUS!
-Anushka


  

No comments:

Post a Comment