Thursday, March 24, 2011

How I Feel About This Reader's Theater

This time during Reader's Theater, instead of Mrs. Shmidt and Mrs. Zawacki picking out our book and writing our script we got a chance to pick our own book and write our own script. The book my group chose was Knuffle Bunny Free. The whole group had to work together to make good scripts and illustrations. I did the typing for the second half of the script, but before we started typing, our group split in half and wrote on paper the rough draft of our script. Then, we gave it to Mrs. Zawacki for her to edit and revise. After that, Johaer and I both typed the final copy of the scripts on the school laptops. While we were busy typing, Maria, Matt, and Taylynn were illustrating the pictures. Johaer and I had to hurry to finish typing so we could help the others illustrate the rest of the pictures. We luckily got finished in time to help them. We are still working on finishing up the illustrations, but we can now get it done a lot faster because we have two more people! This time doing Reader's Theater I felt like I was being trusted by writing the script and typing it. Even though Mrs. Schmidt and Mrs. Zawacki were checking over it, I felt very responsible because if the whole thing turns out to be great, I will be part of the reason why it could be so good, and if everything turns out bad, I could be able to learn from my mistakes.


I now feel very confident about this Reader's Theater because when I wrote this blog down, I realized that I am able to  speak out loud without sounding really shy like I am, I just have to try! Sometimes it won't always turn out the way you want it to, but it's worth a shot!

                                                                                            -Maddy


                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment