Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Year in FOCUS 2010-2011

   I had a great year in 4th grade, but I must say good bye and cherish these memory in my heart. I did many things this year, like Logic Grids, Analogies, Bridges, Leaders, Vocabulary, and Reader's Theater. In Reader's Theater, I was in three different Reader's Theaters, The Three Little Pigs by James Marshall. I was Narrator 6. I was also in When Rain Falls by Mellisa Stewart. I was the deer, ladybug, turtle, snake, and a toad. Now I am in Knuffle Bunny 3 by Mo Willems. I am the dad, opa (grandpa), doll, and baby. There are many things I liked this year in Reader's Theater, like we make a version of a Reader's Theater your group for a book you are intruiged with. Something I don't like is that we are assigned parts.
I liked Logic Grids because it is challenging and you have to use clues and common sense. There is not anything I don't like in Logic Grids. We only did one Analogy, but I liked it. You had to use a resource to find your answers. In the bridges unit, there were a lot of hands-on and partner work. There was also a lot of science in the structure of a bridge. I very much liked the Leaders unit because it relates to most people in FOCUS, because you pretty much have to be gifted to be a leader. Last, but not least is the vocabulary quiz. The vocabulary quiz/test is a very uniqe type of test. It is a test where you learn it once at school and study at home. Most test subjects gets discssed at school, then tested. Overall, FOCUS is the a class I afford to go to. 
-Johaer

No comments:

Post a Comment