Thursday, April 21, 2011

Poem in My Pocket Day across the U. S.

I don't know about all the other schools in the United States, but Poem in My Pocket Day was a great success for Rock Springs. It was really cool that my FOCUS class got to Skype a fourth grade class in a school called Kickapoo (Wisconsin). We took turns reading poems to celebrate it being Poem in My Pocket Day. One of my favorites was To Tell You the Truth by my classmate Sadie. It was really quite funny, and she wrote it herself! It was a little hard to hear the other class, but overall, i really enjoyed it. I think it's great that they have a day dedicated to poems and their poets. Everybody is caught up in books these days and no one really pays attention to poems these days. Poem in My Pocket Day was overall a great success at my school , well at least to me if not my whole school!


                                                                         - Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment