Thursday, April 21, 2011

Poem In Your Pocket Day and Skyping

Last week, on a Thursday, my school, Rocks Springs Elementary, in Georgia and Kickapoo School in Wisconsin had Skyped to share poems for Poem in Your Pocket Day. April is National Poetry Month. It was so cool. We shared poems one by one. I shared a poem called Sleeping  in Class. It was about a person sleeping during a class. The person wrinkled her shirt, drooled on her textbooks, tangled her hair, and snored like a pig. The people at Kickapoo School thought that a student had been sleeping during class, but at the end, we learned that the teacher was sleeping. I think that poem was the funniest poem read that day. I really liked all the poems. My favorite one was read by a 4th grade teacher named Ms. Melphy. It was about a rock being a great pet. I loved Skyping with the people at Kickapoo School. I had so much fun!
                   -Anushka

No comments:

Post a Comment