Thursday, January 27, 2011

Author Visit from Melissa Stewart

Today in FOCUS, we had an author visit from Melissa Stewart from Skype. We asked her many questions, and she answered all of them. I learned many things. I learned that without monkeys, we would have no chocolate. I wouldn't care because I don't like chocolate. Monkeys, and other animals, eat the cocoa and make it grow. If they didn't eat it, or if they weren't there, no chocolate. She told us that she is making a book, called No Monkeys, No Chocolate. It talks about if there were no monkeys, no chocolate. She will be publishing that in 2013. I can't wait! She also told us that a book varies in the time it takes to make the book. If their is an occurrence during the making in the book, it would take about 5 to 6 years. She gave us many advices that were very useful. She gave us advice about being an author and how to get resources to get notes from it. She also told how the weather is in her part of Massachusetts. Today was very fun!

Sincerely
Johaer

1 comment:

  1. Wow,Joaer,you don't like chocolate? I thought everybody did. Looks like I'm wrong. I'm glad you found my advice helpful. Maybe you'll get a chance to use it the next time you write a report. In the mean time, have fun with your readers theater performance.

    Best wishes,

    Mrs. Stewart

    ReplyDelete