Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chatting With Melissa Stewart

Today the FOCUS students and I had a live video chat with the author, Melissa Stewart.
We asked some questions about advice, organizing, and questions about her life.
It was actually pretty fun talking with an author.
I learned a lot of things, and so did the other students and Mrs.Schmidt and Mrs. Zawacki.
I learned how to organize all my ideas when writing a story. And I also learned that monkeys help make the chocolate we eat. They help by getting the cocoa seeds, eating the pulp inside the cocoa, and then spitting the seeds onto the ground. How do I know that? Well, I learned it because Melissa Stewart told us about the next book she was going to write about. It's called No Monkeys, No Chocolate. It will be coming out in 2013.
We asked Melissa Stewart this question in the middle of the chat. How do you come up with the dialogue when writing a script in Reader's Theater? She said that she just uses her imagination.
When she said that, I learned that I should use my imagination all the time when I write a story.
It was great meeting Melissa Stewart and getting to know her. I learned a lot from her.
- DaSeul K.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deseul,

    I'm so glad you learned how to organize your ideas when you write a story. I hope you can try it out the next time you have to write something. And you are right, using your imagination really will help you to write stories more easily--and you'll have a lot of fun too.

    Good luck writing your Reaer Theater script.

    Mrs. Stewart

    ReplyDelete