Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Great Reader's Theater Expeirence

Overall, Reader's Theater has helped me a lot. It has helped me open up in a way that I could never do before! I have been doing pretty good with not being shy, but Reader's Theater has helped me in a way that I can't even explain. Standing up in front of people that I don't even know might have been oh, I don't know, REALLY scarry at first, but after I realized that it wasn't so bad I began to get comfortable doing it. Now I can't wait for the next Reader's Theater performance! Meeting the author Melissa Stewart on a video chat was a great thing to do before my focus class has to write our own Reader's Theater! She gave us some advise about turning a nonfictional piece into a fictional Reader's Theater. It doesn't sound that hard. This whole experience has just been fantastic for me! I hope other schools do Reader's Theater too because I would definitely recommend it!

- Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lauren,

    Thanks so much for letting me know how readers theater has helped you to open up. I think you've inspired me to write even more. I could create one to go with my book Beneath the Sun, which is also coming out in 2013.

    You are right. Writing readers theater scripts isn't hard. I think it's really fun.

    I hoep Mrs. Schmidt makes a video of yoru next RT performance. I'd love to see it.

    Mrs. Stewart

    ReplyDelete