Thursday, January 27, 2011

Meeting The Author of When Rain Falls and Under The Snow!

A couple minutes ago, my whole focus class just got finish with a skype conversation with Melissa Stewart. Last week, before we did this, we sat a table, as a group of course, and we made up questions to ask her today! The questions we asked were about how she came up with the ideas of writing her type of stories, which are non-fiction. They were also about how she became an author and such. She gave us really great answers. Her answers were very well told and she helped us learn how to make a reader's theatre script out of a picture book! I know that it was fun for me because I love to write. Last year when I was in third grade, I made an 18 page story that was based on authors and how they make their stories. By talking to Melissa Stewart today, it made me want to become an author. So thank you Melissa Stewart for inspiring me to be an author!

- Maddy

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Maddy, you inspired me to keep on writing! I bet the 18-page story you wrote last year was fantastic. If you like to write, keep at it. The more you practice writing, the better you get. I wouldn't be surprised if I see your name on a book one of these days.

    Best wishes,

    Mrs. Stewart

    ReplyDelete